Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Food in Salt Lake City

This week I went to Salt Lake City, and so far we have discovered many different amazing foods, particularly a certain British snack food called a Jaffa Cake. We went to an Asian market to buy some noodles, and then I saw a British market and bakery across the street. Since I am fascinated with Great Britain, we decided to stop by. While looking around the store, I found Jaffa Cakes, which I first heard about from the popular British YouTube channel The Yogscast, and I decided to buy them. They are a small cookie-type snack, and they are pretty much a small circle of sponge like cake, about the size of an Oreo, with a bit of orange flavored jelly, and then chocolate on top.
 
A Jaffa Cake

 
A broken-open Jaffa Cake

 
A Jaffa Cake Box
 
After that, we went down the street to a Middle-Eastern restaurant called "Mazza". I had been there a few times before, so I already knew what I wanted: Schawarma. It is marinated and seasoned beef and lamb, mixed with vegetables and put in a pita pocket.

Schawarma
 
More posts from Salt Lake coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment